Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Little Cod Wood Stove


Yay! After a full year of waiting, my "Little Cod" wood stove has finally arrived!

Before I had even decided what kind of boat I wanted to buy, I just knew this puppy was going in it. The only problem was the price. I knew that once I bought my boat there would always be something more important to spend my money on, and my sweet Little Cod would forever remain a wishful fantasy. My solution was to order the stove before I bought the boat. The color is not the bright and happy blue that I had expected, but I'm happy just the same.


Here is the stove with its alcohol burners installed, and temporarily placed where the old origo alcohol stove was. Leslie and I tested the alcohol burners and can report that they work well. Had hot coffee and piping hot soup!

I hope to reconfigure the galley and eliminate the navigation table to make it more user friendly.

I will include installation updates as they occur. It might be a while, though, as I have tons of other projects more pressing.



1 comment: