Saturday, April 16, 2011

Anchoring on Potomac River


Monday, my 13-year old son Cody and I will motor Clementine up the Potomac River to the Woodrow Wilson Bridge and drop anchor. I will then begin a trial period of living aboard for an undetermined length of time. Since Leslie has to work, she will spend three or four days a week with me and the rest back at the condo. I'm still trying to work out how I'm going to cohabitate with Leslie's two obese, hair shedding, cats and a litter box. God help me.


Galley all stocked and ready for a four-day trip up the Potomac. Removed the Origo alcohol stove and the Dickinson solid fuel heater to make room for my "Little Cod" wood stove (with drop in alcohol burners).

2 comments:

  1. My husband would have wanted that book when we first started dating. Now he's a kitty convert. Loves those critters:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't really hurt those little critters. I actually respect the older, bigger cat oscar for his ferocious defense against my invasion of his territory. I try to respect his space but we're not actually friends yet. We've only established mutually agreeable demilitarized zones.

    ReplyDelete